How we met or: The unsolved mystery of the stolen bag

/
0 Comments

Hey you! We’re so happy you made it all the way to flying floordrobe. Even happier than we are about making it all the way to CREATING flying floordrobe. (It’s a miracle it actually is here, since it took us a looooong time to finish this page. Let's just say html is not our best friend. But hey, we made it and that's all that matters, right?)

When we first met a couple of years ago, both Au Pairs in the States, we had no idea we would become blogging buddies in the future.
Actually, when Lena was sitting next to me in my favorite diner two hours after we first met and didn’t shut up about her bag that got stolen at a party five billion years ago, I only had three thoughts:

Firstly: I didn’t know there was somebody else besides me that had such a huge need to share stories nobody else cared about.

Secondly: She’s weird. But she’s got great style.

Thirdly: She must have really, really liked that bag.

Only a couple of hours later I knew I didn’t only like her style but the whole person behind it. We were sitting in her pitch-black back yard, whispering away because we didn’t want to wake up her host family but not wanting to part ways yet either because there was just too much to chat about. It wasn’t love at first sight – or rather at the first story – but it definitely was love. In a friendship kind of way. (It was even bigger love when I found out that Lena’s wardrobe was a dream come true and being friends with her gave me unlimited access!)

Fast forward to 2015: We’re still friends. She annoys me sometimes, but hey. We can’t all be perfect, am I right? Also, I rarely wear her clothes, due to a couple of thousand kilometers between us. But I love her, even without taking advantage of her clothes. And I am beyond excited to start this blog with her!

______
Okay, my side of the whole story is slightly different!
After reading Miss Kathi's little story here, I have to clarify two things: Yes, I loved my bag very much (it was freaking fabulous!) and, yes, I am still mad at that sucker who stole it. I mean, seriously, who does that? (If you are reading this right now, I hope you still find it hard to look yourself in the mirror) I could tell you the story of how my bag got stolen, but “apparently” it is not interesting enough - as if!

Anyways, back to the evening I met Kathi. I remember getting a message on Facebook from someone who had the exact same name like my childhood best friend claiming she lived in the same town as me. The girl was an Au Pair, as well, and she wanted to meet me. She was from Vienna. I met up with her anyway. 

Me acting weird was probably due to the fact that I wasn’t sure if she understands my dialect and trying my best at proper German. Well, obviously, I suck at it. After overcoming the language barrier and the stolen bag issue, we already made plans of moving in together (mostly because of the massive walk-in closet we had in our minds back then), Kathi became my very first Viennese friend and made me move to Vienna in the first place. 

It did not take long until we discovered that we both have a weakness for barely known and unique designers, shops and cafés all over the world and that we ain't afraid to show it, show it...So, here we are, trying to share our special travel treasures and odd stories with you guys. We are by no means experts; we are just two girls who love to get lost and find themselves some stylish junk along the way. And we'd love it if you joined us on our journey.

xxx
Lena and Kathi


Photo taken in: Budapest, Hungary


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.